Did you know that the CodeIgniter framework’s development operations have been moved from EllisLab, Inc., its primary originator to the British Columbia Institute of Technology, since 2015?
CodeIgniter is an open source web application framework, beneficial in building dynamic websites with PHP. It lets the user productively focus on the project by reducing the amount of code necessary for any specific project or feature. Moreover, CodeIgniter brings with it a plethora of inbuilt tools, small classes that takes care of several common tasks in the Web development process. CodeIgniter’s latest version has already got released on 30 March 2015 by British Columbia Institute of technology (BCIT). There have been numerous enhancements since version 2.x, especially in the session handling, database, as well encryption.
The Alterations Made Compared To CodeIgniter 2 Are As Follows:
Here is a comprehensive list of the changes in CodeIgniter PHP Framework Technology.
- The license of CodeIgniter has changed to Open Software License 3.0 from the proprietary license. This change is only applicable to the system code and not on application folder.
- The framework is released under the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) license
- The database drivers have had all-encompassing refactoring
- PDO is completely serviceable with sub-drivers
- Two new routing alternatives are integrated to the routing capabilities, they are HTTP verbs-based routing and Callbacks.
- The session as well as Encryption library is new.
- PHP 5.4 or newer is suggested, but CI will still work on PHP 5.2.4
Jeepers! These reasons are sufficient for you to opt for CI Development Services.
If you are in search of an experienced CodeIgniter Development Company, then contact Techno Infonet, the best custom CI solutions provider based in India, since 2004. Our team of CodeIgniter developers can understand your believed abstractions and bring forth most productive and profitable end-product.
Get in touch with us to discuss your project idea.