WooCommerce is world’s most popular eCommerce platform, and the new version of WooCommerce that is 2.5 namely “Dashing Dolphin” is recently released.
As a leading WooCommerce development company, we are always watchful about such eCommerce updates & releases to equip ourselves for all new challenges & for taking appropriate actions. So, let’s take a sneak peek into what’s new & transformed in WooCommerce 2.5. WooCommerce 2.5 has come up with developer-eccentric alterations, like WP-CLI support and new REST API endpoints, largely to improve store performance & management. Also, all these changes & enhancements are done to make WooCommerce more flexible to diverse site configurations.
A new session manager integrated is the highly responsive checkout process, much quicker product review display & PHP 7 support, all these modifications are the noteworthy ones in the new version of WordPress WooCommerce that makes it more dependable & fast.
The other additional new cutting-edge features include:
- Use PUT, POST and DELETE for product categories and tags.
- Filtering of products by tag, category, shipping class, and attribute.
- Supports tax and tax_class endpoints for introducing tax rates.
- Other dynamic template modification & more.
WooCommerce 2.5 also comprises of some minor yet qualitative life changes for eCommerce owners and administrators which will enhance store management while adding some important developer tools and performance enrichments.
These changes cover the followings:
- Elimination of shipping displays mode
- Upgraded Tax settings
- Competence to rapidly view and easily manage emails
- “Pay” Link for admin to effortlessly send to customers
- Facility to search for all parents/simple & a specific variation’s SKU
- Small changes in the front-end to boost customers’ shopping experience:
- “Add to Cart” button visibility only once a variety of variable products is selected
- Pop up of terms and conditions checkbox prior to “Place Order” button
- Strong passwords for higher security
This bit is just to make you familiar with some enhancements & changes made in the new WooCommerce 2.5. It is also recommended to make a backup, update extensions, & then upgrade your WordPress WooCommerce store to make your updating process as seamless as possible.