WordPress 4.3 had recently released and not left the buzz. Another news flash has been made public by the developers of the WordPress Content Management System (CMS) on 04th of Aug 2015 that is the launch of the latest security update 4.2.4 of WordPress. To be precise, it’s only been a two weeks or so since the preceding security update for WordPress was released, but already new amenabilities have been traced which could be misused by malevolent hackers to spoil your website.
Here is the exposé from the advisory:
The security and maintenance release resolves six issues, counting
- Sucuri’s Marc-Alexandre Montpas, from the WordPress team of security Helen Hou-Sandí, Netanel Rubin who belongs to Check Point, and Ivan Grigorov revealed three cross-site scripting exposure and a potential SQL injection that could harm your webpage.
- Johannes Schmitt from Scrutinizer discovered a resolution for a possible timing side-channel attack
- Mohamed A. Baset discovered how to stop an intruder from accessing a content from being rewritten.
A big thanks to the contributors of Security and Maintenance WordPress 4.2.4.
The good message is that WordPress offers the alternative of automatic security updates – expectantly very few portals will be remaining without patch than the scenario which was there before two years.
Some sites might miss out the news of the up-to-the-minute security release as they do not for their own motives make use of automatic updates.
Fortuitously, manually updating WordPress is a cakewalk. Here, take a look
Go to Dashboard → Updates & tap on “Update Now.”
It is advised to the site administrators that they must review the issue queue and apply the upgrade in a timely manner.
Techno Infonet is a renowned WordPress Development Company, situated in India since 2004. Our handpicked team of WP developers has vast experience is delivering interactive and intuitive custom WordPress solutions as per your business call. Develop state-of-the-art WordPress website using wonderful modules themes, plug-in, and templates from WP treasure.
WordPress, a platform based on PHP and MySQL, was developed for people who are keen of writing on a daily basis. But as time passed, this blogging podium has emerged as a popular and full-fledged content management system as well. Thousands of people all across the world are now using this as a web publishing platform. According to WordPress.org, it powers 23% of the internet. WordPress has many amazing features that transcends it to the most popular content management system. Also there are many reasons which makes this platform as an ideal and optimal one for small businesses.
- Easy to Use – The reason why WordPress is this much popular is it’s User Interface which is very user-friendly. A person with average technical skills can also manage to set-up and maintain his own website. Having it’s roots in blogging, this podium provides a content editor almost like MS word or Word Pad in which we can modify our subject matter easily. Also it lends a very handy medium for editing media like images, videos etc.
- Open Source Platform – Open Source as the word suggests is a platform whose source is available in general. WordPress is an Open Source Platform and its License is available free of cost. Also there are thousands of volunteers working on this software to make it better and better.
- SEO friendly – WordPress almost knows all the possible ways Google tries to index a website for search results. So in its each and every page, WordPress has all the things available for SEO like meta tags, meta descriptions, alt tags for images etc. Also it has ample of plugins available for SEO which helps in making our website reach the top-notch of the Google search results.
- Social Media Tool – Socializing has become a very important medium for sharing information all across the world. This platform understands the importance of socializing well and provides a wide range of Social Media plugins for connecting our website and content to different Social Media Platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Youtube, LinkedIn etc.
- Responsive Design – WordPress follows Template based Structure. Nowadays portable devices are gaining importance and Responsive Web Design has become a necessity. So many Responsive themes and templates have been introduced to make our website mobile-friendly.
- Plethora of plug-ins and themes – Plugins are small applications developed specifically to address a functionality. In WordPress, Thousands of them are available for different-different services. Also whenever there isn’t any plugin available for any specific service, we can develop it on our own. But for this plugin development we will need a brief knowledge of PHP and MySQL. Also a wide range of attractive themes and web designs/templates are available from which we can choose the theme we like to make our website attractive and engaging.
Hence, from the above reasons it can be said that WordPress is an ideal and optimal platform for small businesses.
Techno Infonet is a LEADING WEB DEVELOPMENT COMPANY located in INDIA which works on WordPress Development as well as on other open source IT as well as Web Designing services. http://www.technoinfonet.com/wordpress-development-services
We at Techno Infonet are ready to assist YOU for any WordPress Development related queries. For more information related to our services, please visit www.technoinfonet.com