WebRTC – A Break Down in the field of Real-time CommunicationsBack
WebRTC stands for Web Real-time Communications. It’s an API that facilitates P2P video, voice and data communication. WebRTC is used for video conferencing, chats and data sharing entirely between 2 web browsers compatible to it without any software or plugin installation. It is currently supported by Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera directly.
Features of WebRTC:
- It uses web browser as its platform
- Video is displayed as a primary object in the browser and can be part of content.
- Other than Audio or Video, Data can also be shared/exchanged.
Benefits of WebRTC:
- Facile to use: Direct real-time communication via browser without any software or plugin installation required.
- Highly secured communication tool: WebRTC uses encryption for both the modes of communication using Secure RTP protocol which makes it more secured than other communication tools.
- Cost Effective: Being an Open Source API, It is available for free.
- Platform independent: If both the browser supports WebRTC, irrespective of the operating system being used, you can communicate using it.
- Browser to Browser Communication: As it facilitates communication using 2 browsers, we get great performance and lowest latency possible.
- Easy File Transfer: With WebRTC’s data channel, Files can be transferred directly without any use of servers or infrastructure.
- Faster Connection: WebRTC enables you to connect easily with less connection time.
- Better Sound Quality: WebRTC uses Opus codecs for transferring audio which supports adaptation of sound quality according to the bandwidth.
- Native HTML5 Elements: As it is an HTML5 API, It can adjusts itself according to any look and feel.
- Mobile Device Support: SDK’s are available for Android and IOS applications to run WebRTC.
- WebRTC is not directly supported by Safari or Internet Explorer. Temasys Plugins are required for support of WebRTC by Desktop versions of Safari and IE.
- It is not completely developed yet.
Techno Infonet is a Leading web development company in India having expertise in WebRTC integration. For any queries regarding WebRTC, please write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org Interested to know more about Techno Infonet, please visit us at www.technoinfonet.com