WebRTC stands for Web Real-time Communications. It’s an API that facilitates P2P video, voice and data communication. WebRTC is used for video conferencing, chats and data sharing entirely between 2 web browsers compatible with it without any software or plugin installation. It is currently supported by Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera directly.
Features of WebRTC:
- It uses web browser as its platform
- The video is displayed as a primary object in the browser and can be part of the content.
- Other than Audio or Video, Data can also be shared/exchanged.
Benefits of WebRTC:
- Facile to use:
Direct real-time communication via a browser without any software or plugin installation required.
- Highly secured communication tool:
WebRTC uses encryption for both the modes of communication using Secure RTP protocol which makes it more secure than other communication tools.
- Cost Effective:
Being an Open Source API, It is available for free.
- Platform independent:
If both the browser supports WebRTC, irrespective of the operating system being used, you can communicate using it.
- Browser to Browser Communication:
As it facilitates communication using 2 browsers, we get great performance and lowest latency possible.
- Easy File Transfer:
With WebRTC’s data channel, Files can be transferred directly without any use of servers or infrastructure.
- Faster Connection:
WebRTC enables you to connect easily with less connection time.
- Better Sound Quality:
WebRTC uses Opus codecs for transferring audio which supports the adaptation of sound quality according to the bandwidth.
- Native HTML5 Elements:
As it is an HTML5 API, It can adjust itself according to any look and feel.
- Mobile Device Support:
SDK’s are available for Android and IOS applications to run WebRTC.
- WebRTC is not directly supported by Safari or Internet Explorer. Temasys Plugins are required for support of WebRTC by Desktop versions of Safari and IE.
- It is not completely developed yet.
Techno Infonet is a Leading web development company in the USA having expertise in WebRTC integration. For any queries regarding WebRTC, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org Interested to know more about Techno Infonet, please visit us at www.technoinfonet.com